Thursday, November 5, 2009

'PAINTBALL' - THE ESSENCE

I don't know if this made it to the charts, but it's one of the songs of John Mayer I've listened to least, so I had to triple check on the lyrics and go wrong in the process, trying to make out what he's saying (words, not meaning) and I'm not plagiarizing it. 'Half Nelson' has hints of 'Stop this train' in the way the lyrics go about and I always find I need some music to make my words work, and I feel I don't have to look around a lot to hit on the music I would be making if I knew to hold a guitar right (which I happen to, by the way, so it's just an expression). He's always said the words in my head as I've thought them, only this time I've tried to make it more comprehensive, you know, write a whole lyric on an existing piece of music and hey, who knows! It could be my cover.


ABOVE: Reminds me of times at Kid's world, but I'm told that they're paintballs. A splash inside each.


"I'm never speaking up again,
it only hurts me;
I'll rather be a mystery, than
she desert me;

Oh, I'm never speaking up again!
I'm never speaking up again,
I'm never speaking up again...

starting now..."

translates to:

"I'll never play this paintball game,
to only get soaked, and
the ball's not the only thing that gets
a total breaking-in;

Oh, I'll never play this thing again!
I'll never play this thing again,
I'll never play this thing again...

Except this time..."

Song's 'My Stupid Mouth'. Runs 3:45 and I had my mind in it only for three-quarters of that time. Guess that's all that mattered to me. Wait for it: No joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment