Thursday, February 18, 2010

'N'-THINGS

"See, I refuse to believe
that my life's gonna be
just a string of incomplete
never to lead to me anything
remotely close to my home life..."

- 'HOME LIFE', John Mayer.

'Heavier Things' - An album that happened to set the stage that he stands on, right now. Back then, you know.

Not the same man, no, I do know that. I'm not kidding myself otherwise, either. He said he's waiting on the world to change, I guess I'm waiting on him. A lot of things past, a lot of things said, it's said people crack under the strain anyway, but it still hurts, for I've never seen him as 'people'. Maybe I should. Maybe then, he'd prove me wrong. Either way, I'm still here. I doubt if there's the remotest possibility that he'd be reading this, but I'm still here.



I guess we're 'In Repair', now. Not together yet, but we'd be getting there. I hope.

2 comments:

  1. Simply haven't heard much of John Mayer since Room for Squares and Heavier Things. Beats me why. He was a class apart then.
    And he seems to have upset you now. Well, waiting seems the right thing to do. Great read, this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it's not a lament, I'm just standing up for an alter ego in recent distress. 'Continuum' was his peak, btw. 'Battle Studies' is no lesser either. It's just that his off-field remarks affect his in-field persona, and that's damaging. That's all.

    I'm waiting for the 'Home Life' guy. It's a celebrity monstrosity that's currently taken his place. 'In repair', you know. Soon bound to clear. :)

    ReplyDelete