Sunday, September 27, 2009

UNDER CONSTRUCTION...

This isn't an error message for sure, because I know perfectly well what I'm doing, so this can't ever be a mistake. And I thought of maintaining an air of mystery by curtailing this post to the previous sentence and nothing more, but I painfully remembered that I don't have much of readers, let alone really 'avid' ones, and hence I thought I need to tell people who even accidentally stumble upon this blog what it's going to contain, and my answer to that self-posed question is: EVERYTHING.

Well, at least I'd show what's everything to me, and that's my poetry.

This isn't a 'poem blog'. I call it a Lyrical Album: The sort of thing that has words that get a Platinum label just because John Mayer writes music about them, and this hint of mine isn't veiled. I can't deny the similarities that exist, and neither would you if only you looked closer, and this blog is to say that I'm ready to give an insight if you're ready, and that doesn't mean I won't be ready all the same, it would just be pointless if I were and I would still be, for sometimes it's the pointlessness in living that makes a man stride on. After all, you can't look for reason in an already perfect life...

So what would you see? Words soldered to form lines, lines stacked to form verses and a bunch of the last to make a song without music. Hearty renditions would make the impact a tenfold more, but what can I do? "It's only words, and words are all I have, to take anyone's heart away" :D And I'd try to drop in a couple of pictures, only that this time I'd try my hand at bringing about what's around me and not googling every single thing I need. I could draw, sketch, paint and touch upon a whole lot of things to make it the best I can bring out of me, and yeah. I'm working on an album art, and 'working' here implies that it's getting constructed in my head, and the rest is just 'scribbling and bibbling', and you know where that comes from!

I've got two things written already: One called 'Nearness of far' and the other, 'Half Nelson' and I don't know if they can be called 'Lyrics' as such, or even 'poems' because they hover somewhere midway, and I've got a lot more in my head with 'Warcry' set to be my 'best ever'. I still haven't thought a word about it, though: It's just the 'idea' that's there, fully formed.

I leave you here, for the post says 'Under Construction' and I'd get back sometime soon if I get inspired enough to write something new, or sooner than soon if I write about what 'inspired' me (Oh yeah, I could get that bold, you know! :D)


No comments:

Post a Comment