Tuesday, October 20, 2009

ON FILM...

Could be the first thing I wrote without starting off with a title, and it so happened that I ended without one too. Supposed to serve a purpose, (which I wish it does!) and I think it has a couple of nice lines that I actually think are amazing to have come out of me, given the state of mind I was/am in, and well, to sum it up: Not my best, but all the same I guess I'm proud to induct it in 'My Book of Rhymes' honorarily, because it's one of the best reflections of the mindset I'm in.



IMAGE: Meaning behind the reference to Michelangelo (Didn't think it's required, but you can never tell :P). His famed 'The Last Judgement' on the ceiling of Sistine Chapel. I guess you'd make the rest up yourself.

UNTITLED

Nothing's art, art's nothing.

It's always been a bunch,
splashing sketches on the screen,
and I guess it always would be
what it's always been;

A finger on the keyhole window,

and a publicist to raise the stakes;

a parade of popularity pimps,
living on green than gasps or double-takes;

Sick of being stunted by the painted sky,
let's bid Michelangelo goodbye...

A sliver of a shift from shelf to street,
stitched-up scenes, with the lines unseen
helping make the nothingness complete;
reaching out to a cynical world
determined not to turn the leaf,

All done for this bumper prize
that we call 'BELIEF'...

P.S. I hope you got all the Mayer signs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment