Tuesday, October 6, 2009

WHO ARE YOU?

I actually feel a bit embarrassed to say that this 'lyric' of mine actually began with the framework of a tune, and that 'tune' was something that I came up with, and as excited as I was about it in the beginning, it took me a day and a half to realize that it was unmistakeably mundane, resembling songs that can't actually be called as songs, and I even had ripped a bit off Mayer's cover of Marvin Gaye's 'Inner City Blues (make me wanna holler)', and so... Those reasons, as well as a change of mind midway related to the mood of the lyric itself, I decided to call it off and stop with whatever I had written, and I must say that although this one isn't actually going to be a part of 'My Book of Rhymes', the fact that it inspired a new bunch of words under the title 'IDENTITY' (something that I'd write soon, I hope) as well as its statement-like verses made me want to archive it all the same. So, here's 'WHO ARE YOU?' for you, as much as I had written it.

WHO ARE YOU?



So you have a strand of white, to hide

the blackness that's bright inside,

how many layers have you got to undo,

to see the real you?


What happened to your bow-tie?

Has the 'occasion' made you live a lie?
Or is there anything of you that's true?

Tell me,

WHO ARE YOU?!


Well, it's a sculpted world,

so I know the concrete mix won't cry,

and now that the east's

part of a western coalition,

there wouldn't be a sunset in her sky,

and she won't care you're conundrums,

too disgusting to discern;
don't worry, she'd never learn!


But fickle Florence, she's just a disease

for which I have the required immunity,
so you've still got to deal with
the omnipresence of me...

I thought I could get no worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment