Saturday, June 26, 2010

MISERY

I'm aware it's a little more 'Half Nelson' than I intended it to be, and a lot of previous lines too, yeah. But still, it's kind of a break-through. I'm proud of it like I'm proud of everything I've given birth to, and subsequently disowned.

When have I rejoiced
in the vitality of life
to know for a fact
that I haven’t died?

When would this cold
help rid me some flesh
so I can feel to the bone,
unsheathed from the comb?

When would my night
be spent in the day,
with the time I’m awake
and things done would stay?

The answer to lies
in moments of truth,
with poison in mind
lies sweetness construed?

Walking to wind up
with circles of thought,
and helical advancements
in safety be brought…

And an alternate being
would wake up to her,
and lie without shame
and smile from the dirt.

'Little Rhymes' sees an addition after quite a while, and so does my poetry folder. Felt like Dan Dunne finally wrote his novel, but I know I just scraped half a page. 'To you', as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment