Thursday, August 12, 2010

miss B

Well, I actually began this to be something else which I wouldn’t reveal at this point of time (mainly because there’s no real suspense as such) but then again, I just went where my drowsiness took me, and it was almost 2 am and ‘Back to You’ and stuff.

Calories to cook this up,
a night of her to burn it all;
wonder where the hell she is,
the morning finds her
good and gone

and you wanted me
to show my hand,
to twist it up, to sniff her out;
breaking down a pot of plant
to find the seed,
to shine your sun

Well, what if she’s too good for that,
what if there’s no candle-stain?
What if she’s not fussed enough
to prove her mettle, write her name?

Call the thief
and catch her too,
frame the suspect from the start;
call her cheeky,
call her brutal,
call her rude, but you know what?

You never had a shred of her,
you’d never find you never did;
a window at a solid turn,
its glasses painted, the world unlit

and looking out on towns so strange,
fast, polluted, river-made;
you bind the cord that ties your tongue,
doing things you’ve never done…

Yet, you try to work this out,
you gave a duck, she made an owl;
sitting with a point to prove,
to harness every hearty hoot.

I don’t know if this is a ‘Little Rhyme’. Perhaps it’s a little more substantial at a personal level than one, having been honest to this sleepy digression of mine. Long time, you know. And I don’t know if it was a ‘wait’ to think if this was worth it. To ‘YOU’, almost obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment