Monday, August 16, 2010

tomorrow

Guess I didn’t quite ask myself the obvious, but why is this an important thing to have written about? And for once, you know, I guess I could answer that. Because there’s this feeling of being too much in a dream that one forgets to be real? No it’s not an ‘Inception’ thing, I’m not one for it, but it’s just… everything happens in a dream, everything’s within reach that the fight of reality almost turns absurd and postponing becomes the thing to do.

tomorrow

crossroads up a road ahead,
count of miles tonight in bed;
a shorter foot and two a pace,
I’d get there even at half the rate

farther with the fight of fog,
frozen to the closest spot;
peeking through the ice around,
with warmth I sent to sit it out

same about the state of her,
half my thoughts, digested words;
struggle spent to make the plane,
and steal a smile and know her name

staring at the mountain wrought,
digging in and digging round;
a minute off my mind, withdrawn,
from the song called ‘do it now’

gutter stench on surface felt,
on every moment passing by;
I take today to wish me well,
tomorrow’s when I live my life

yesterday

yesterday I found this thought,
to write it in, to write it out;
reminded me of fallen stars,
of folded papers, golden clouds

I stand myself in the thick of rain,
hope to find you there again;
in water with my mind awash,
I close my eyes, and that is all.

I might frown at the finale, I’m getting too obsessed, kind of. Maybe that’s wrong, but I don’t know, maybe that’s exactly what’s right about me? But I hate this, you know. Not how I sometimes defy it, but I hate how I live exactly what I write at times, and how they’re almost always exactly traumatic. And the strangest, yet most obvious thing is that I’d never want to do anything about it. To ‘YOU’.

No comments:

Post a Comment