Monday, October 18, 2010

the Duet

Here's something that 'was' - the piece of me I'm done with anyway. Part of 'the Patricide' (draft One) and probably better than what I subsequently came up with, but incoherent. And I guessed it's better to make sense than to try desperately to not.

the sky is white,
its spaces blue,
its diamonds bleak
and purple too

with leaves in grey
when leaving brown,
with orange lights
to smile a frown

and with you around
your jaded gold,
what can I say?
it’s a racial world.

now the sky is red
and yellow too,
with all the shit
that’s falling through

and I do my best
to keep it clean,
and not wait for yellow
to turn to green

yet I find my name
stuck in the flow,
what can I say?
it’s a preposterous world…

the sky is crying
the sky is crying
the sky is crying
go make it stop

no bucket enough
to hold the drops

but one like you,
you’d soak it up;
like shit in water,
a face in the mud

you pulled my chains,
you cleared my line;
but… (emotionally) I’m not gay
Rozario: Neither am I.

the scene ends with both of them (there's two people, unless you haven't figured that already) looking into each other's eyes, pretty much at kissing distance. And both are men, yes. Probably think Marlon Brando with Dustin Hoffman (or someone equally tiny, and as intense) except that he'd play guitar - enough to walk on Clapton, King and Stevie Ray.
I know. I'm from Mars, or a parallel equivalent.

No comments:

Post a Comment