Saturday, March 6, 2010

DON'T CRY, CHILD

It's for you, you know. I mean, you drove me insanely crazy when you came up to me and told me you've been crying your eyes out and I don't know if I could stand that, I mean, your eyes are the best part of you and I don't think anyone can ever brace himself enough to stand the fact that you were going to cry them out. And I turned numb, you turned me numb, not knowing what I could do to help, the least I could contribute. I directed you to 'Failure' by Laura Marling, she's a darling of a musician, always manages to charm, with all of the twelve tracks out of her debut album. But something told me you needed more. Meaning you deserve more. Probably more than this poem, but this was what I wanted to administer to you instantly. More like a hasty shot to an impending illness. Here's what I'm proud to have written.


Wither to the world and die,

the leaves that you never touched,

while the ones you did

would stay alive,

for replenishment is but a process

that knows not, a world without you.


Now, you might know

that this world’s a world

that makes clouds out of men,

women no less solid,

no less dense,

and how everyone

must leave the sky, sometime;

when you do is of least concern,

for what matters is where you go,

what matters is who you reach…


Not that you’d ever want it this way,

but to me,

you’re a raincloud in my hair,

would only spread if I scratch,

and I would wish I could grow it more;

that I could grow you more…


Your tears don’t deserve

the prize that you give them;

but then again,

you were always the silly girl

who gave more than she took…


Don't cry. You're worth more than your tears, and you're definitely worth more than this poem. :)

1 comment: