Monday, January 11, 2010

ASSASSIN

Since I've already established that my life is a bunch of phases, one leading to another and the other to another 'other' and so on, I guess I don't need to establish the ground I've already established again, because then there'd be an additional ground that's actually the same, and hence, having made sure that I start with something completely absurd, I go on to my subject material. It's an observation, actually, and I've happened to find that while this 'writer' me is quick in changing phases and recognizing them too, the 'reader' me finds it hard to keep up pace and hence there're periods of lag, and periods of uncertainty, and it's always resolved in the end, but all the same it's a late realization, and that's what I'm dealing with right now: A recent discovery of what I've been in quite a while. Nothing big, exactly, though. Nothing philosophical, yet quite substantial all the same, because it's been a change in my basic form, the form I adapt to write things, and analysis on a personal level has shown me what's caused the change too. So it's not like it's a mystery, it's just that it only needs to be revealed for the picture to be complete. So I guess I'm just playing Scooby-Doo here.

I've been repeating lines. I don't know what poetic device that is, but I've been stressing things over and over, and I think that's kind of contributing to a pop-music feel, than the usual folk-acoustic strum I write to. It's not a change in life-pattern that I see, merely a change in personal trends, and that brings me to what precisely caused it, you know. 'Assassin'. By John Mayer, five minutes out of his 45 minute ride in form of 'Battle Studies', and honestly, it's one of the most exhilarating songs I've listened to, and I believe it's got the second-best beginning to a John Mayer song next to 'Belief', and an all-round show at that. Got me face to face with Steve Jordan, and I guess I could be begging him for autographs if I were 14, and since I'm not, I guess I'd just be blogging about it. Fair bass guitar, and a total riot from John who walks on a tweak of a solo that only tells me that he needs nothing to write something like that. Sounds so effortless, you know. Simple words, hard-hitting all the same, I think you need to get a hold of this.




"I should have turned around
and left before
the sun came up again,
but the sun came up again..."

I'm not testifying against myself as having totally ripped off a hit single, I guess I hardly mind because (again) no sane soul would tell me I'm being unoriginal, because heck, I think people would have to make-out what I say to be saying that, or well... I don't think they have to, to do that, I think that's what people are. But honestly, this song was all the way with me, running around inside my head as I thought of 'Night-time', which ought to have been a Nick Drake influence, but I think it's all for good, because a Nick Drake influence to a John Mayer beat is like a Charolastra's dream come true. Pop and poetry, combined together and no one's there to see the same. Well, they're there, but I don't think they'd see it coming. Even when it's staring at them, straight in the face. Sun-Eyed. Furious.

Here's a bit of 'NIGHT-TIME' to end this post:

"...'cause it's Night-Time,
when you should be holding tight to
stolen sights, and dying's denied;
and it's the only time,
that you don't have to be with her,
to be with her: it's the night."

Well, I don't 'steal sights', they just come my way, but I guess the effect's to understand that there's nothing out of the world in a dream, except the weirdness in entanglement and the whole 'connections', you know. And I love my dreams, it's the only place I wouldn't die and I'm not being Utopian saying that, I'm just enjoying a piece of nicety that I'm offered anyway, and face it: You would too, if you liked to live and not just hang around. It's sad to be one of the second kind. So close to the third, yet in no way 'accessible'. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment