Friday, January 1, 2010

'SECOND SIGHT'

It sucks to be a stand-up act, you know. This isn't my defense statement, I'm not standing up for them, it's just a realization from my part, that all it takes to demolish even the most whole-hearted of efforts is a 'not so funny' stare, or lesser enthusiasm in return, or the slightest bite-back of a yawn. But I don't think it would me if I were doing it (neither do I think it would frustrate anyone doing it) though, because everything is going to sound funny to me, because I'd probably suck in everything I say and I'm going to be at the centre of my own world, and it's kind of hard to not listen to the sun, you know. The Sun's never going to suck, however dull I might find the day to be. I guess that's what a state of Godliness can do to a 'non-God' being. Or a God to another God, if I can take the liberty to brag.

I know I'm being snide. I would've started this paragraph with 'I guess', but I guess I knew enough to 'know' for sure, and I know for sure that I'm being extremely snide and insensitive lately, and I don't know if this is a stint or a temporary state of mind, and although both might sound similar, they're not, because I intend a 'state of mind' to last longer than just a 'stint'. That's just my vocabulary, I guess. And as an incentive, or rather as an indicator of this stint or state of mind, I got this concept, and it's not like it has 'everything' to do with my state of mind, it's actually something I've been observing ever since I got to know that a girl's a... well, a girl, and it goes back to the time I was seven and there's this ten year old girl who made my bus rides memorable. No lies. And the weird thing here is that while she's got the stamina enough to last this long, to be living this long a life of ten years (and I believe she'd live longer than that too) I find that the girls I've seen subsequently, have shorter lifespans and it's like a Geometric Progression, and they're just dying out, left, right and centre. And I can't seem to get myself to do anything about it, because I'm thinking it's good that they're fading away, because then I can make myself believe that there's going to be a time and a person and she's going to reminisce the girl from my bus and she's going to find ten years to be a piece of cake, and she's going to be like, this powerlifter, or someone back from a female Tour De France, and she'd just go on and on and on, and I'm losing my point.

'Second Sight'. It's not about this 'special someone' who's so eternal and so omnipresent that she's everywhere: It's about everyone else. The ones that have a lifespan of a second, of an hour, of a day, of a week, of weeks, months, a year perhaps. I'm not going beyond that, because then it'd be like a close-call version of this 'ideal girl' and I'm no fantasy man, you know. Plus, I'm on this spree of writing for real-life music, it started with 'Paintball', and writing this, I got reminded of this slightly cheeky John Mayer (of course!) song called 'Sucker', and it's not much of a rhythm, just a simple doodle on an acoustic guitar with some... nice lines, like:

"Sometimes,
I wish that I was the weather,
then you'd bring me up in conversation, forever,
and when it rained,
I'd be the talk of the day"

I don't need to explain those lines. He's not as complex as me. Wait a while, you know, I'd get back with what I'm saying, and what I mean when I'm saying that, all in due course. When I feel like it, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment